One big event down, but LOTS more to survive!
The turkey and pies may have been last week’s hazards, but with office parties, holiday parties, Christmas, and the New Year, we’re just getting started with caloric catastrophes!
Just remember, our goal for the holiday season is to simply not gain any weight. Forget losing any.
Net Zero from November 1st to January 1st!
Nothing to lose, but let’s not gain anything either!
Four Lifestyle Tips for making it happen:
The late Steve Jobs, founder of Apple Computer and Pixar Animation Studios revolutionized 4 industries in his lifetime by demanding the impossible.
- He and Steve Wozniak changed the world of computing when they launched the Macintosh.
- He put Disney on her knees with industry first, mind blowing animation films from Pixar.
- He changed the entire music industry with iTunes and iPod, and then, of course …
- He changed the entire communications industry with the iPhone.
None of us are Steve Jobs, but we are all in control of two things:
Attitude and Effort.
You can do this!
Think Positive. THINK YOU CAN. And Think Clean.
Regarding the Holiday blues, the Holiday stress, the Holiday food fest, and the rest, replace negative thoughts like …
- There’s nothing I can do to stay healthy during the holidays.
- That’s just the way I am during the holidays.
- The holidays make me feel so stressed.
- I can’t take the time to work out until after the holidays.
- I Can’t…………………I Must……………….If Only
… With proactive thoughts such as:
- I’ll find alternatives to overindulging this happy season.
- I can choose a different approach this year.
- I control my own feelings at all times and I choose to feel great!
- I want to take the time necessary to make sure I stay healthy during the holidays.
- I Choose……………….I Prefer……………I Will
The point is: “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right either way.” — HENRY FORD
Here then are Six Essential Holiday Eating Secrets to help make it happen:
- Substitute low fat yogurt or low fat cottage cheese for sour cream in cooking and recipes
- Wear your tightest, most form-fitting pants to dinner parties and/or tie a string around your waist under your shirt that will not budge with the bulge. They’ll help keep you conscious of overeating.
- Have a healthy, protein rich snack before going to cocktail or dinner parties. Or a meal replacement shake. The high fat content appetizers won’t look so good of your not hungry.
- Don’t keep trigger foods in the house; just don’t buy them!
- Do not stop your regular exercise program.
- If you don’t have a regular exercise program, get one immediately!